Looking for experience-tested ways to help build bridges across generations? The Gen2Gen Learning Hub brings you ideas, tips and practices to help you connect older adults with kids who need champions.
Check out our “10-Step Guide on Engaging Adults 50+”, our short videos designed to help you face the challenges that come with building a Gen2Gen community, and more.
Looking for ideas for intergenerational activities you can do on your own? Why not…
- Host a movie watch party to inspire mentoring in real life.
- Organize a community library at your local laundromat.
- Boost early childhood literacy and school readiness.
Check out our DIY page for easy, fun ideas and resources to bring generations together.
The data is in: Pairing adults over 50 with kids who need champions is a win-win. Read these featured reports to learn more.
Hidden in Plain Sight: How Intergenerational Relationships Can Transform Our Future, an encouraging study conducted by the Stanford Center on Longevity, Encore.org and the David and Lucile Packard Foundation.
HOW TO LIVE FOREVER
In How to Live Forever: The Enduring Power of Connecting the Generations, Encore.org President and CEO Marc Freedman tells the story of his 30-year quest to answer some of contemporary life’s most urgent questions: With so many living so much longer, what is the meaning of the increasing years beyond 50? How can a society with more older people than younger ones thrive? How do we find happiness when we know life is long and time is short?
- Read what others have to say about the book.
- Find out if there’s a book event coming soon near you.
- Download a copy of the book discussion guide and get a conversation started